Viessmann Vitodens 050-W Boiler Review: Is Vitodens 050-W Suitable for Your Home?
Viessmann Vitodens 050-W is a premium boiler model that is a popular choice for many UK households. Viessmann Vitodens 050-W boilers are popular because they are compact, highly efficient boilers made with Viessmann-patented stainless steel parts for increased longevity and their price is reasonable for a premium model.
The current Vitodens 050-W boilers are available in 25kW and 30kW models. These two combi boilers are the replacement models for the company’s 29kW and 35kW models. Both the 29kW and the 35kW models are compact, meaning they fit perfectly into a kitchen cupboard.
Vitodens 050-W is one of the most energy-efficient models on the market, with a top efficiency of up to 97% – that’s 3% higher than its closest competitor model, the Worcester 4000. Vitodens 050-W owes this high efficiency to its weather compensation feature and its unique, efficient burner.
Viessmann’s patented Inox Radial Stainless steel heat exchanger plays a significant role in ensuring the boiler’s lifespan. Most heat exchangers are made from aluminium which is great and transferring heat but highly susceptible to corrosion. The move to a patented stainless steel variant greatly increases the part’s lifespan and, as a result, the boiler. Along with the durable and efficient internal parts, Viessmann Vitodens 050-W boilers offer weather compensation capabilities, shock arrestors to keep the boiler as quiet as possible, and integrated instantaneous hot water supply.
A new Viessmann Vitodens 050-W combi boiler costs around £2,400 to buy and install. A seven-year warranty is included as standard when installed by a Viessmann-trained engineer, with an option to buy an additional three years.
The main alternative to the Vitodens 050-W series is the Worcester Bosch Greenstar 4000. While the two series are very closely matched, the smaller details and the price make the Viessmann Vitodens 050 boiler the better choice.
A Vitodens 050-W combi boiler is powerful enough for a modest family home with no more than four bedrooms, one bathroom, and 10-15 radiators. Anything larger and the boiler may not provide adequate heat, whilst the water supply may be insufficient for a household with high demand for hot water.
What are the Viessmann Vitodens 050-W specifications?
The full specifications of the Viessmann Vitodens 050-W boiler are given in the table below.
|Viessmann Vitodens 050 Boiler Options||Vitodens 050 25kW||Vitodens 050 30kW|
|Hot Water Flow Rate||10 l/min||14 l/min|
|Noise Level (dB)||46||49|
|Warranty (Trained installer)||10 years||10 years|
What are the key Benefits of the Viessmann Vitodens 050-W?
There are nine key benefits of choosing a Viessmann Vitodens 050-W combi boiler above other brands and models.
- Low price: Viessmann Vitodens 050-W combi boilers offer a premium product at an affordable price. Prices start at around £2,500, including installation costs – that’s low for a top-tier boiler brand and model.
- Compact size: Viessmann Vitodens 050-W boilers are small, which means they can often be installed inside cupboards or enclosed spaces.
- Inox Radial Stainless steel heat exchanger: Viessmann Vitodens 050-W boilers have stainless steel heat exchangers, which increase the product’s lifespan and reduce the likelihood of costly reports.
- Efficiency rating of up to 97%: Viessmann Vitodens 050-W boilers are highly efficient, saving money on bills without sacrificing performance.
- Low CO2 emissions: Viessmann Vitodens 050-W combi boilers promise low CO2 emissions. Reduced emissions are better for the environment and keep boilers efficient and bills as low as possible.
- Integral instantaneous water heater: With a Viessmann Vitodens 050-W boiler, you have instant hot water, meaning no more running the taps and waiting for the heat to come through. The result is less water usage and lower energy bills.
- Digital LCD Interface: From temperature control to error message display, the digital interface on the Viessmann Vitodens 050-W is clear and easy to use, which makes the boiler more user-friendly. All the boilers in the Viessmann Vitodens 050-W range can be upgraded to work with the ViCare wifi thermostat, which is operable via mobiles and tablets.
- Which? Best Buy award: The Vitodens 050-W series has received the Which? Best Buy award, which is a surefire sign that these boilers are a high-quality and trustworthy investment.
- Extended warranties available: The Vitodens 050-W series comes with a standard three-year warranty; however, an additional seven years is possible if a Viessmann-certified technician instals the boiler.
What are the Viessmann Vitodens 050 W sizes?
The Viessmann Vitodens 050-W is available in the following two sizes.
- Vitodens 030w 25kW
- Vitodens 030w 30kW
The 25kW and 30kW models replace the previously available Viessmann Vitodens 050-W 29kW and 35kW boilers.
Viessmann Vitodens 050-w 25kW
A Viessmann Vitodens 050-W 25kW combi boiler is perfectly sized for small homes. This boiler helps keep utility bills as low as possible with its modest output of 25kW. The 25 kW combi boiler offers a 10.2 l/min flow rate with a hot water output of 25.4 kW, and has an A rating in efficiency.
The Viessmann Vitodens 050-W 25kW combi is the ideal boiler for a smaller home or apartment with a single bathroom and now more than three bedrooms.
Viessmann Vitodens 050-w 30kW
A Viessmann Vitodens 050-W 30kW combi boiler is best suited for a small-to-medium family home. The 30kW combi is a popular choice for boilers in the UK, as it can cope with reasonable hot water demand but is efficient enough to remain economical. The Vitodens 050-W 30kW boiler offers a 12.2 l/min flow rate and a hot water output of 29.6kW. All within a unit boasting an A efficiency rating.
The Vitodens 050-W 30kW combi is the most popular model in the 050-W range. It is ideal for a property with up to four bedrooms, fifteen radiators, and two bathrooms.
What kind of fuel does your boiler use?
Fixed price online with next day installation
Is the Viessmann Vitodens 050-W durable?
Yes, the Viessmann Vitodens 050-W is durable. The Vitodens 050 model is durable for two reasons. First, the Vitodens 050-W is so durable because of its stainless steel heat exchanger. Stainless steel lasts longer than aluminium and reduces the chance of part failure and costly repairs. Second, Viessmann use proprietary Viessmann-made parts, which means they have full control over the quality of their boilers’ internal components. Below is an in-depth look at how these two aforementioned characteristics boost this model’s durability and longevity.
Ultra-durable stainless steel heat exchanger
The ultra-durable stainless steel Inox-Radial heat exchanger goes a long way to confirm the durability and reliability of the Vitodens 050-W boilers. Inside a boiler, the heat exchanger is a vital component and one of the most expensive when it goes wrong.
The heat exchanger is the boiler part responsible for passing the heat into the water. Most other brands’ heat exchangers are made from aluminium. While aluminium is not a very hard-wearing metal, it is very efficient. However, over time, pH-level corrosion can cause serious damage to a heat exchanger. A new heat exchanger costs approximately £450, not including labour.
Viessmann has created its own patented stainless steel heat exchanger design, which offers superior durability thanks to its resistance to corrosion. Viessmann offers a ten-year warranty on their boilers’ heat exchanger because they are confident in their longevity.
Vitodens 050-W is made with Viessmann’s proprietary components
Vitodens 050-W boilers only use Viessmann-produced components, which means that each internal part of the boiler undergoes a rigorous quality control process. In contrast, boiler manufacturers using third-party components cannot vouch for these parts’ reliability 100% because they take no part in their production or quality assurance.
What are the most useful features of Viessmann 050-W?
Below are the five most useful features of a Viessmann 050-W.
- Integral instantaneous water heater: The ability to have instant hot water is a useful feature as it saves time and money.
- User-friendly digital interface with LCD screen: Everybody needs a boiler, but only some people are experts at understanding them. An easy-to-use and the easy-to-see LCD screen is a very useful feature.
- Thermostat compatibility: A most useful feature of the Viessmann VItodens 050-W boiler is its compatibility with smart thermostats. Controlling a boiler via a mobile app gives greater freedom and control.
- Compact size helps conserve precious space: The Vitodens 050-W combi boiler is small enough to be installed inside a spare kitchen cupboard. This is a most useful feature as it not only saves space but keeps everything tidy and hidden.
- Shock arrestor for quiet operation: The Vitodens 050-W combi has a built-in shock arrestor which is a useful feature that ensures the boiler operates as quietly as possible.
Integral instantaneous water heater
The Vitodens 050-W combi boiler comes with an integral instantaneous water heater. The instantaneous water heater is a heating element that raises the temperature of the incoming water as it’s pulled through the boiler. As the water is pulled through at speed, the heating element rapidly heats the water, producing a near-instantaneous supply of domestic hot water at the taps.
User-friendly digital interface with LCD display
The Vitodens 050-W has prioritised user-friendliness with its large LCD screen. The screen is bright enough to see at any time of day, and the interface is clean and free of unnecessary distractions. The touch-screen buttons are sufficiently large for anybody to use without the irritation of accidental button pressing.
A Vitodens 050-W combi offers compatibility with most major smart thermostats. A smart thermostat provides a finer degree of control over your home. A smart thermostat enables you to change your settings, receive fault notifications, and control your boiler from a smartphone or tablet while you are away from home. Many modern smart thermostats offer a degree of computer learning and detect patterns in your boiler usage and auto-adjust themselves accordingly. This learning technology helps save time and leads to energy savings if your heating pattern is similar day-to-day.
Compact size helps you conserve precious space
Vitodens 050-W combi boilers are compact, measuring just 700 x 400 x 300mm. Compact boilers, such as the Vitodens 050-W, fit into most kitchen cupboards. There are two major benefits to having a compact boiler that fits into a cupboard. First, installing your boiler into a cabinet offers an effective means of tidying your kitchen and conserving precious space at home. Second, concealing a boiler inside a cupboard provides sound insulation, muffling any noises the boiler makes from time to time.
How does Viessmann Vitodens 050-W compare in size to other compact boilers?
The table below demonstrates how the Viessmann Vitodens 050-W compares in size to other compact boilers.
|Boiler Model||Viessmann Vitodens 050-W||Worcester Bosch Greenstar CDi Compact||Ideal Logic + Combi||Alpha E-Tec|
Shock arrestor for quiet operation
The Vitodens 050-W comes with a shock arrestor, which eliminates water hammer and ensures the boiler operates quietly. A shock arrestor works by absorbing fluid shock in the pipes when the boiler is in use. Shock arrestors are ideal for homes with high water pressure, as they reduce the impact the pressure has on the pipes, including noise and pressure-related damage.
Is Viessmann 050-W energy efficient?
Yes, a Viessmann Vitodens 050-W combi boiler is energy-efficient up to 97%, meaning that up to 97p are converted to heat for every pound you spend on natural gas. The two key features below give the Vitodens 050-W this industry-leading energy efficiency level.
- Weather compensation regulates fuel use: Vitodens 050-W boilers use real-time temperature inputs to optimise the boiler’s fuel consumption.
- MatriX-Plus burner reduces the amount of gas used: Viessmann’s proprietary MatriX-Plus burner operates by burning less fuel than boilers from competing brands.
Reduced fuel consumption and increased operational efficiency make a Viessmann Vitodens 050-W a suitable boiler model if you want to keep your energy bills low. Vitodens’ high energy efficiency translates directly into reduced operating costs.
In addition, the Vitodens 050-W is a hydrogen-ready boiler, which allows it to work with a mixture of natural gas and hydrogen.
Weather compensation regulates fuel use
The Viessmann Vitodens 050-W has a weather compensation unit that increases its fuel efficiency and reduces gas bills by up to 15% (according to Viessmann). The real-time weather tracking allows the boiler to adjust its heating output to maintain a consistent interior temperature in the home. The radiators stay warm and maintain the temperature within the required range rather than fluctuating from hot to cold. Such proactive heating output increases the boiler’s efficiency and prevents many common faults of a traditional thermostat. Below is an explanation of how Viessmann’s weather compensation system uses real-time weather data to optimise the boiler’s heating output.
- A small sensor is placed on a north-facing wall.
- The sensor takes real-time temperature readings and sends them through to the boiler.
- Data then drives the boiler to adjust radiator temperatures to keep internal heat levels consistent.
- Changes are an instant response to the weather and do not need manual intervention, meaning increased efficiency and lower bills.
In contrast, a traditional thermostat works reactively, coming into action in response to changes in the ambient interior temperature. Below is a step-by-step description of how a traditional thermostat adjusts the boiler’s input in response to shifts in a home’s indoor temperature.
- The thermostat sets a room temperature.
- External temperature impacts the internal temperature.
- Heat is lost through windows and doors
- Room temperature drops below the threshold.
- The boiler is triggered and heats the radiators.
- The room temperature increases, and the boiler shuts down.
The aforementioned boiler control process is much slower, and the factors that impact the internal temperature could be changed by the time the boiler activates. The result is a slower response to actual temperature changes, decreased efficiency, and higher bills.
MatriX-Plus burner reduces the amount of gas used
Viessmann Vitodens 050-W boilers use an advanced stainless steel burner, called the MatriX-Plus. This burner has two main benefits. Firstly, the MatriX-Plus burner is a key factor in the high-efficiency levels of the Vitodens 050-W combi because it’s designed to operate at peak efficiency using less fuel. The Vitodens 050-W is able to achieve its high energy efficiency rates and leave a smaller carbon footprint thanks to the burner’s low fuel consumption. Secondly, the MatriX-Plus burner is made from stainless steel, and is thus resistant to corrosion and damage related to high temperatures. The burner’s durability boosts the longevity of the Vitodens 050-W model.
How efficient boilers help you save on energy bills
There are five ways efficient boilers, such as the Viessmann Vitodens 050-W, help you to save on energy bills.
- Heating controls: Efficient boilers such as the Vitodens 050-W efficient boilers offer smart heating controls which help ensure your home remains consistently warm, placing less demand on the boiler to keep running costs low.
- Heat recovery: Some efficient boilers have a passive flue gas heat recovery system which sees the escaping heat redirected from the flue back into the boiler to help heat the water.
- Hot water cylinders: The hot water cylinders found in efficient boilers such as the Vitodens 050-W are designed to keep water at the optimum temperature for a sustained period of time. This decreases demand on the boiler while ensuring hot water is always available.
- Chemical inhibitors: Chemical inhibitors can be used in new efficient boilers to help reduce corrosion and delay the build-up of metallic debris in the pipes. An efficient boiler works uninhibited by damage or debris accumulation.
- Filtration: Efficient boilers like the Viessmann Vitodens 050-W combi have additional filtration systems. Most filtration systems use magnets to pull metallic debris, such as rust, from the pipework, ensuring the boiler operates efficiently.
Replacing your old boiler with an energy-efficient Viessmann Vitodens 050-W boiler directly reduces your energy bills. Research from the Energy Savings Trust shows that upgrading to a more energy-efficient boiler could save you up to £840 a year.
Viessmann Vitodens 050-W is hydrogen-ready
The Viessmann Vitodens 050-W combi boilers are classed as “hydrogen-ready”. All modern boilers, such as Vitodens 050-W, are built at a hydrogen-ready capacity. Hydrogen capability is a manifestation of the heating industry casting its eyes toward the carbon-free future.
Boilers such as the Viessmann Vitodens 050-W are installed ready to work with a mixture of natural gas and hydrogen. Vitodens 050-W boilers are 20% hydrogen ready, which means they can operate on a 20% hydrogen/ 80% natural gas mixture. 20% hydrogen is the baseline from which the boiler can be upgraded to allow for 100% hydrogen operation in the future. The transition to hydrogen is affecting the entire heating industry, but hydrogen capability is still a plus point for the Vitodens 050-W combi in terms of its energy efficiency and a reduced carbon footprint.
How much does it cost to install a Viessmann Vitodens 050-W?
It costs between £2,000 and £2,500 to install a Viessmann Vitodens 050-W. These prices include the boiler’s cost, labour, and materials needed for installation. These installation prices are based on a like-for-like boiler type replacement in the same location, and vary depending on the five key factors below.
- Location: Vitodens 050-W installation costs vary depending on your geographic location, as material and labour are priced differently throughout the UK. Generally, South Wales is one of the cheaper regions for boiler installation costs, while London is one of the most expensive.
- Installer: Having a Viessmann-accredited engineer perform the installation costs more, but these professionals have a near-complete understanding of the boiler. Having a small local business install the boiler often results in lower installation costs, but using a non-Viessmann-accredited installer can reduce the boiler’s warranty term.
- Scope of work: The installation cost goes up significantly if you install a different boiler type or change the boiler location on your property. Replacing existing pipework or changing/adding new radiators are factors that likewise add to the project’s scope and cost.
- Warranty: The Viessmann Vitodens 050-W boilers come with a three-year warranty as standard. You’re able to increase this warranty term to 7, 10, or even 12 years, depending on which company you use for the installation.
- Extras: The Vitodens 050-W installation costs vary should you request extras on top of the base package. Additional filters or a heat recovery system all add to the final installation costs.
Cheapest way to get a Viessmann 050-W installed
The cheapest way to get a Viessmann Vitodens 050-W installed is to use a reputable online installation company such as Heatable.
As an online installation company, Heatable has low overheads, which translate directly into cheaper installation costs. In addition, Heatable operates across the UK. Not being locked to a specific location allows them to source their boilers directly from the manufacturer, which also helps them keep cheap installation costs.
Get your free quote for a new Viessmann Vitodens 050-W boiler online (you will also see installation costs for equivalent boiler models).
How long is the Viessmann Vitodens 050-W warranty?
The Viessmann Vitodens 050-W warranty is three years long as standard. However, below are the two ways you’re able to extend the warranty term for a Vitodens 050-W.
- Use a Viessmann-approved engineer: When you choose a Viessmann-trained heating engineer to install the Vitodens 050-W, Viessmann offers an extended 7-year warranty.
- Purchase an additional warranty period: Viessmann offer an additional 3-year warranty period for a fee, thus extending the total warranty term to ten years. This extension is only possible in combination with the above installation by an approved Viessman-trained engineer.
How to get a 10-year warranty without paying extra?
Using Heatable is the best way to get a 10-year warranty without paying extra. Heatable offers an exclusive 10-year warranty period as standard, so you do not pay anything extra for this warranty term. You can get your online quote from Heatable by filling in this anonymous questionnaire about your property and heating needs.
What is the best Vitodens 050 W alternative?
The best Vitodens 050-W alternative is the Worcester Bosch Greenstar 4000 combi boiler. The Greenstar 4000 boilers are the closest market match to the Vitodens 050-W in terms of output, flow rate, physical dimensions, and efficiency.
Below is a comparison table showcasing the key specifications of the Vitodens 050-W and Worcester Bosch Greenstar 4000 side-by-side.
|Specifications||Vitodens 050-W||Worcester Bosch Greenstar 4000|
|Boiler Outputs||25 and 30kW||25 and 30kW|
|Hot Water Flow Rate||10 l/min to 12.3 l/min||10.5 l/Min – 12.3 l/min|
|Noise Level (dB)||46||42|
|Warranty (Trained installer)||10 years||10 years|
Vitodens 050-W vs Worcester Bosch Greenstar 4000
The obvious differences between Vitodens 050-W and Worcester Bosch Greenstar 4000 are few and far between. Most notably, the Vitodens 050-W is slightly smaller, while the Greenstar 4000 is marginally quieter. The features are surprisingly similar on both boilers, and so the price is really the main difference between the Vitodens and the Greenstar boilers, as the latter generally cost more.
Viessmann 050-W vs Worcester Greenstar 4000 — features comparison
Below is a deeper comparison between the features of the Viessmann 050-W and the Worcester Bosch Greenstar 4000.
- Smart boilers: Both boilers have smart thermostat compatibility, giving you great control over your boiler even when you’re not home.
- Weather compensation: The Vitodens 050-W and the Greenstar 4000 boilers have weather compensation capabilities, which allow the boilers to adjust their settings in direct response to external weather conditions and temperature.
- Shock arrestors: Vitodens 050-W and Greenstar 4000 boilers are equipped with shock arrestors that reduce pipe vibrations during use. Shock arrestors are a large part of what makes both boilers so quiet.
- Frost protection: Both boilers have integrated frost protection designed to stop the condensate pipe from freezing during cold weather. Burst pipes from freezing can be a costly repair.
- High-quality parts: Both boilers are highly reliable, but Viessmann goes to great lengths to produce all of its components in-house, including their patented Inox Radial Stainless steel heat exchanger and cylinder burner. These components are durable and offer increased efficiency and lower running costs. In contrast, Worcester’s heat exchangers are made from aluminium, which is arguably less resistant to corrosion. That said, Worcester stands by their heat exchangers and offers a 10-year warranty on the component.
- Instantaneous hot water: Vitodens 050-W and Greenstar 4000 boilers offer integral instantaneous hot water, meaning you will always have a hot water supply when needed. This reduces water usage and lowers fuel bills.
Viessmann Vitodens 050-W vs Worcester Bosch Greenstar — price comparison
The Vitodens 050-W combi boilers generally cost less to install than their Worcester Greenstar 4000 counterparts. A Viessmann Vitdoens 050-W boiler typically costs £2,400 to install, while the Worcester Bosch Greenstar 4000 fitting costs run closer to £2,800. However, boiler installation costs can vary due to several factors, including parts availability and extras, so we suggest you use this calculator from Heatable to get your instant online quote. Heatable generally quote both the Vitodens 050 and the Greenstar 4000 for small-to-midsize properties, so getting their estimate is a good way to have an accurate price comparison between the two models.
Get your fixed online price for a Which? approved boiler, installation included.
Is Viessmann Vitodens 050-w the right boiler for me?
Ask yourself the three questions below to determine if a Viessmann Vitodens 050-W is the right boiler for you.
- Is the boiler big enough for my property size? The Viessmann Vitodens 050-W is designed to work for a mid-sized property with no more than four bedrooms and 15 radiators. A larger property needs a higher-output boiler, while a smaller property means a Vitodens 050-W is not the most cost-effective option.
- Will the boiler cope with my water demand? The Vitodens 050-W is designed for moderate water demand. The 30kW option offers a 12.3 l/min flow rate. A property that demands greater water usage might need a larger boiler.
- What type of boiler do I currently have? Replacing a regular boiler with a combi is possible. However, the costs of changing boiler types are greater than those of a straight swap, as more work is needed. If the property already has a combi boiler, then a Viessmann Vitodens 050-W is a fitting choice.
Vitodens 050-W review verdict
The Vitodens 050-W boiler is a reasonably priced, compact, durable, and highly efficient boiler model that’s suitable for a midsize family home.
The Viessmann Vitodens 050-W offers homeowners four main benefits. Firstly, the small design of the Vitodens 050-W boiler means it can fit inside a cupboard. Fitting a boiler into a kitchen cupboard saves precious space and conceals unsightly pipework. Secondly, the proprietary, stainless steel components offer extra resistance to the wear and tear associated with boiler use. The Vitodens 050-W is an incredibly durable boiler thanks to these tough, wear-resistant components. Thirdly, the Vitodens 050-W boasts an energy efficiency of up to 97%, which is several percent higher than leading competitors’ models. Such a high degree of energy efficiency translates into direct savings on a homeowner’s energy bills. Finally, the Vitodens 050-W is surprisingly affordable, with the average installation price hovering around £2,400.
However, the Viessmann Vitodens 050-W has two main downsides. Firstly, the flow rate and heating output are only sufficient for small-to-midsize properties. You should consider getting a more powerful boiler if you’ve got more than 3 bedrooms in your home. Secondly, the standard manufacturer’s warranty is a mere 3 years, which is not long enough for lasting peace of mind. However, you’re able to extend this warranty term to 10 years if you install a Viessmann Vitodens 050-W through Heatable.
Viessmann Vitodens 050-W FAQs
Below are six frequently asked questions about Viessmann Vitodens 050-W boilers.
What is the difference between Viessmann 050 and 100?
There are two key differences between the Viessmann 050 and 100 models. Firstly, the Vitodens 100-W is more energy-efficient. The Viessmann Vitodens 050-W has an ERP rating of 92% and a standard efficiency rating of 97%, while the Vitodens 100-W is rated 94% and 98%, respectively. The Vitodens 100-W is more efficient because it has a higher modulation range of 1:10 vs 050’s 1:8. Second, the Vitodens 100-W is not a compact boiler, whereas the 050-W is. The 100-W model is 60mm deeper than the 050-W, so you cannot fit it into a kitchen cupboard.
How long should a Viessmann boiler last?
A Viessmann boiler should last 15-20 years. However, any boiler’s longevity (including that of Viessmann Vitodens 050-W) hinges on regular, annual service. Annual boiler service costs less than £100, but the procedure identifies major faults before they progress and start shaving years off the boiler’s time span. Annual service is also a condition for the manufacturer’s boiler warranty to remain valid. Failing to service your boiler annually reduces the life expectancy of a boiler and voids the manufacturer’s warranty.
Are Viessmann boilers made in Germany?
Yes, Viessmann boilers are made in Germany – at least those that are sold in the UK. In addition, Viessmann’s components are manufactured at the company’s factory in Allendorf, Germany. However, Viessmann have 23 production facilities located across 12 countries, so some of the models that are sold globally are produced in Turkey and China.
How do I reset my Viessmann Vitodens 050-W?
To reset a Viessmann Vitodens 050-W combi boiler, you must press and hold the Mode and OK buttons on the front of the boiler. Hold these in until the display shows three dashes. Then, let go of the buttons and wait thirty seconds for the boiler to reset itself.
How do I increase the pressure on my Viessmann boiler?
The following six steps allow you to increase the pressure in a Viessmann boiler.
- Turn off the boiler, and leave it to cool completely.
- Ensure the filling loop is firmly attached.
- Open both valves to fill the system with cold water.
- Keep an eye on the pressure gauge, and wait for it to reach 1.5 bar. This is the ideal water pressure for a Viessmann boiler.
- Shut off the valves. If the filling loop is detachable, remove it and store it safely.
- Turn on the boiler and watch to ensure the new pressure is maintained.