24|7 Home Rescue Homeowner Boiler Cover (2023 REVIEW)
24|7 Home Rescue are an established Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)-certified provider of home emergency cover for homeowners. 24|7 Home Rescue offer support and repair services for your boiler, heating system, and other essential home systems, depending on which plan you choose.
24|7 Home Rescue offer the following four boiler cover bundles for homeowners.
- Boiler Basic: The Boiler Basic plan covers emergency repairs to a gas boiler.
- Boiler Care: The Boiler Care plan boiler repairs and includes annual boiler service.
- Heating Care: The Heating Care package includes repairs to the boiler and the entire heating system.
- Home Care: The Home Care package bundles coverage for the boiler, central heating, plumbing, drainage, electrics, home security, and pest control.
The cost of boiler cover plans from 24|7 Home Rescue ranges between £44.99 and £11.99 per month, depending on the extent of coverage and the chosen excess fee. 24|7 Home Rescue regularly offer steep discounts (as much as 50%) on all of its plans. All of 24|7 Home Rescue’s plans come with numerous exclusions, which range from excluding consequential losses to damage that occurs in unoccupied properties.
24|7 Home Rescue policies offer three key advantages. Firstly, 24|7 Home Rescue boasts a 95% first-time repair rate. Secondly, all of 24|7 Home Rescue’s plans come with unlimited callouts and claims. Thirdly, there are no hidden fees in any of 24|7 Home Rescue’s plans: the company is transparent about all its fees.
The best alternatives to 24|7 Home Rescue are home boiler cover packages from WarmZilla and YourRepair.
Below, our review of 24|7 Home Rescue homeowner boiler cover highlights the company’s care plans, their exclusions, premium options, suitability, and alternatives from other companies.
Who are 24|7 Home Rescue?
24/7 Home Rescue are a Burnley-based boiler cover company that offer emergency cover to homeowners and landlords across the UK. 24/7 Home Rescue’s mission statement is to provide top-tier boiler cover through excellent customer service and best business practices. The company claims to offer competitive prices, a flexible contract model that puts power in the hands of their customers and to link users up to a network of the best and most trustworthy tradespeople in their area.
What homeowner boiler cover plans does 24|7 Home Rescue offer?
24|7 Home Rescue offers the following four homeowner boiler cover plans.
- Boiler Basic: The Boiler Basic package covers emergency repairs to the boiler and its controls.
- Boiler Care: The Boiler Care package covers boiler and control repairs, and includes annual boiler service.
- Heating Care: The Heating Care package covers repairs to the boiler, its controls, and the central heating system.
- Home Care: The Home Care bundle offers plumbing, drainage, home electrics, home security, and pest control along with boiler and central heating cover.
Below is a more thorough description of the four aforementioned 24|7 Home Rescue plans.
What is the 24|7 Home Rescue Boiler Basic plan?
The 24|7 Home Rescue Boiler Basic plan is a boiler cover package that provides emergency repairs in the event of a boiler breakdown. The Boiler Basic package is 24|7 Home Rescue’s most bare-bones plan, and is the only plan that doesn’t come with annual boiler service. The Basic plan is suitable if you do not need any coverage beyond their boiler itself, and if you already have an annual boiler service arrangement.
The plan costs vary depending on which of the four excess options you choose. Below are the Boiler Basic plan cost options, along with the corresponding excess amounts.
- £0 exess: £25.99/month
- £45 excess: £16.99/month
- £75 excess: £13.99/month
- £95 excess: £11.99/month
Note that the monthly premiums above normally come with discounts of up to 50%. The up-to-date pricing, including current 24|7 Home Rescue home boiler cover promotions, is available here.
What is the 24|7 Home Rescue Boiler Care plan?
The 24|7 Home Rescue Boiler Care plan includes emergency boiler repairs and annual boiler service. the Boiler Care plan has the same monthly price as the 24|7 Home Rescue Boiler Basic plan, so it offers far more value for your money by offering free annual boiler service. Annual boiler service is a requirement for keeping the validity of most manufacturer’s warranties, and is a valueable tool for detecting boiler defects before they progress. The Boiler Care plan is a fitting option if you need annual boiler service and only need the boiler covered for emergency repairs.
What is the 24|7 Home Rescue Heating Care plan?
The 24|7 Home Rescue Heating Care plan adds heating system repairs to the boiler cover package, and comes with annual boiler service. The Heating Care plan protects the boiler, its controls, central heating pipework, and radiators in the event of an emergency breakdown. This more comprehensive bundle is a suitable option if you want to protect your entire heating system.
The Heating Care plan has different monthly costs, depending on which of the following four callout fees you opt for.
- £0 exess: £31.99/month
- £45 excess: £19.99/month
- £75 excess: £14.99/month
- £95 excess: £12.99/month
The prices listed above are 24|7 Home Rescue’s regular premiums for the Heating Care plan. However, discounts up to 38% are regularly available for this plan, so you can check the updated 24|7 Home Rescue home boiler cover pricing here.
What is the 24|7 Home Rescue Home Care plan?
The 24|7 Home Rescue Home Care plan is a cover package and includes repairs to your boiler, heating system, plumbing, drainage, electrics, home security, pest control, and annual boiler service. The Home Care offering from 24|7 Home Rescue is a comprehensive home cover plan that’s suitable for you if you want to protect all your essential home systems from emergencies. The Home Care plan is quite affordable despite covering so many of the home’s systems. The four price options for the Home Care plan are as follows.
- £0 exess: £44.99/month
- £45 excess: £31.99/month
- £75 excess: £25.99/month
- £95 excess: £25.99/month
Discounts of up to 50% are typically available on the Home Care plan, and you’re able to see the current promotions for the 24|7 Home Rescue Home Care plan here.
What do 24|7 Home Rescue exclude from coverage?
Below are the 18 items 24|7 Home Rescue exclude from their boiler cover policies.
- Air conditioning units: None of the 24|7 Home Rescue plans offer coverage for the repair of air conditioners.
- Consequential losses: 24|7 Home Rescue policies do not reimburse damages caused by the failure of a covered system.
- Cosmetic damage: 24|7 Home Rescue plans do not include cosmetic damage repairs.
- Damage caused by engineer: Damage caused by an engineer attempting to move or repair equipment is not covered under 24|7 Home Rescue plans.
- Damage covered by insurance: Any items included in your home insurance package are excluded from 24|7 Home Rescue coverage.
- Damage caused by supply of utilities: Damage stemming from the supply of gas, water, and electricity is ineligible for cover under 24|7 Home Rescue plans.
- Damage to designer radiators: 24|7 Home Rescue plans exclude repairs to designer radiators.
- Existing faults: Faults present before the service agreement is signed are not eligible for repairs under 24|7 Home Rescue plans.
- Intentional damage: Damage caused deliberately is not covered for repairs.
- Recurring faults: Faults that are intermittent or recurring are excluded from coverage by 24|7 Home Rescue.
- Reinstatement costs: The cost of making good or reinstating home components affected by repairs is excluded from coverage.
- Improvements: 24|7 Home Rescue plans do not include upgrades or improvements to covered systems.
- General maintenance: Routine maintenance is excluded from repairs to systems covered under the policy.
- Interference with communications or radio signals: Damage caused by interference with communications or radio signals is excluded from coverage.
- Trace and access: 24|7 Home Rescue policies do not include fault-finding and troubleshooting. Faults must be evident for them to be eligible for emergency repairs.
- Unauthorised work: Repairs done by you, or unauthorised third parties, are excluded from coverage.
- Unforeseeable circumstances: Damage resulting from war, insurrection, revolution, or other unforeseen events is not eligible for coverage under 24|7 Home Rescue plans.
- Unoccupied property: Damage that occurs while your property is unoccupied for 30 days or more is not eligible for repairs under 24|7 Home Rescue policies.
Why choose 24|7 Home Rescue boiler and heating cover?
Below are the three reasons wo choose 24|7 Home Rescue boiler and heating cover.
- High repair rates: 24|7 Home Rescue’s repair rate is 95% on the first visit. This highly impressive repair rate means that 24|7 is able to resolve your home system problems in the vast majority of cases.
- Unlimited callouts and claims: You’re able to use the 24/7 Home Rescue emergency service as often as you need to and there is no cap on the number of claims you can make.
- No hidden charges: 24|7 Home Rescue is transparent about all the costs and fees you incur as part of the service agreement. All costs are included in your cover package and there will be no hidden labour fees, surprise callout charges, or additional charges for parts.
What are the best alternatives to 24|7 Home Rescue boiler cover?
The two best alternatives to 24|7 Home Rescue home boiler cover are as follows.
- WarmZilla boiler cover: WarmZilla has some of the most affordable £0 exess plans for homeowners on the UK market.
- YourRepair boiler cover: YourRepair boasts the same, 95% first-time repair success rate but its homeowner plans come with a lower regular price than those from 24|7 Home Rescue.