24|7 Home Rescue Landlord Boiler & Heating Cover (2023 REVIEW)
24|7 Home Rescue landlord boiler cover facilitates emergency repairs for various systems in rental properties. 24|7 Home Rescue landlord boiler cover offers landlords flexible protection options, annual boiler service, and mandatory gas safety certification.
24|7 Home Rescue has the following four boiler cover plans for landlords.
- Landlord Boiler Basic
- Landlord Boiler Care
- Landlord Heating Care
- Landlord Home Care
The premiums for the four landlord boilers plans above range in price from £8.99 to £44.99, depending on the extent of coverage and the excess fee (also known as the “callout fee”) you choose. The excess fee options are £0, £45, £75, and £95 per callout. 24|7 Home Rescue typically offers substantial discounts (of up to 50%) on all their plans, which makes them one of the most affordable boiler cover providers in the UK.
24|7 Home Rescue’s landlord care plans exclude a number of items, which range from cosmetic damage to tracing and locating faults. Such exclusions are common in the home care industry.
24|7 Home Rescue are a worthy landlord boiler cover provider for three reasons. Firstly, the company has a 95% first-time repair rate, which means that their technicians are able to resolve the overwhelming majority of faults promptly. Secondly, 24|7 Home Rescue offer unlimited callouts, meaning customers are able to request repairs as often as needed. Thirdly, the service provider is transparent about their fees, so there are no surprise costs for their customers.
The best alternatives to 24|7 Home Rescue’s landlord cover are WarmZilla and YourRepair. Both service providers offer an assortment of coverage and excess options, and their plans come with the mandatory landlord gas safey inspection.
Below is our review of 24|7 Home Rescue landlord boiler cover, where we explore the company’s offerings, exclusions, pricing, and alternatives in detail.
Who are 24|7 Home Rescue?
24|7 Home Rescue are an established heating and boiler emergency coverage firm that has been operating in the UK for a number of years. 24|7 Home Rescue is based in Burnley but offers cover policies to homeowners and landlords across the UK. The company has a wide assortment of boiler cover options for various budgets, and are known for offering huge discounts on all of their plans.
What are the 24|7 Home Rescue landlord boiler and heating plans?
Below are the four 24|7 Home Rescue landlord boiler and heating plans.
- Landlord Boiler Basic: The Landlord Boiler Basic plan only offers emergency boiler repairs, and doesn’t include annual boiler service or a gas safety inspection, which is mandatory for UK landlords.
- Landlord Boiler Care: The Landlord Boiler Care plan provides emergency repair coverage to the gas boiler and its controls, along with annual boiler service and a gas safety inspection.
- Landlord Heating Care: The Landlord Heating Care package extends coverage to the boiler, its controls, and the heating system. The Heating Care plan includes annual boiler service and a gas safety inspection.
- Landlord Home Care: The Landlord Home Care plan protects all of the home’s most essential systems, pest control, home security, annual boiler service, and a gas safety inspection.
The following sections describe each of 24|7 Home Rescue’s landlord cover plans in-depth.
What is the 24|7 Home Rescue Landlord Basic plan?
The 24|7 Home Rescue Landlord Basic plan is a boiler cover package that only covers boiler and controls repairs. The Basic plan does not come with annual boiler service or a gas service inspection, which is required for landlords under UK law.
The lack of a gas safety inspection means that the Landlord Basic plan is not a suitable solution for most landlords. Meanwhile, the more comprehensive Landlord Boiler Care plan offers annual boiler service and gas service inspection for the same monthly price as the Landlord Basic plan.
Below are the three monthly premium options for the Landlord Basic, and these depend on your choice of the excess fee.
- £0 excess: £25.99/month
- £45 excess: £16.99/month
- £75 excess: £12.99/month
- £95 excess: £8.99/month
The prices listed above are generally subject to discounts of up to 50%. Check out the current pricing for the 24|7 Home Rescue Landlord Basic plan here.
What is the 24|7 Home Rescue Landlord Boiler Care plan?
24|7 Home Rescue Landlord Boiler Care plan includes emergency repairs for the boiler and its controls, as well as annual boiler service and gas safety inspections. The Landlord Boiler Care plan thus helps landlords meet their minimum legal obligations of getting their tenants’ boilers checked for safety.
The Boiler Care plan is an appropriate choice if you’re only looking to protect the boiler at your rental property, whilst other home systems are covered under home insurance or warranties.
The 24|7 Home Rescue Landlord Boiler Care plan has the following four pricing options, which depend on the callout fee you choose.
- £0 excess: £25.99/month
- £45 excess: £16.99/month
- £75 excess: £12.99/month
- £95 excess: £8.99/month
The four pricing options above are the provider’s regular price, and are typically subject to discounts of up to 50%. Find out the most up-to-date pricing options for the Landlord Boiler Care plan here.
What is the 24|7 Home Rescue Landlord Heating Care plan?
The 24|7 Home Rescue Landlord Heating Care plan is a boiler cover package that bundles in the entire heating system, along with annual boiler service and gas safety inspections. The Landlord Heating Care plan gives you complete peace of mind that your tenants’ boilers, radiators, and pipework are covered for emergency repairs. This plan is an appropriate choice if other home systems beyond the boiler and radiators are covered by insurance or warranties.
The Landlord Heating Care plan has the following four pricing options.
- £0 excess: £31.99/month
- £45 excess: £17.99/month
- £75 excess: £14.49/month
- £95 excess: £10.99/month
24|7 Home Rescue typically offers substantial discounts on the monthly premiums listed above, and you’re able to get the most current pricing here.
What is the 24|7 Home Rescue Landlord Home Care plan?
The 24|7 Home Rescue Landlord Home Care plan is the service provider’s most comprehensive landlord cover bundle. The Landlord Home Care plan bundles in the following nine services.
- Annual boiler service
- Gas safety certificate
- Boiler and control repairs
- Central heating system repairs
- Plumbing repairs
- Drainage repairs
- Home electrics repairs
- Home security
- Pest control
The Landlord Home Care plan affords you an opportunity to cover your rental property’s most essential systems for an affordable monthly fee. Below are the four monthly premium options for the Home Care plan.
- £0 excess: £44.99/month
- £45 excess: £22.99/month
- £75 excess: £15.99/month
- £95 excess: £13.99/month
The prices above usually come with heavy discounts, so check out 24|7 Home Rescue’s most current offers here.
Are there any exclusions in 24|7 Home Rescue’s landlord boiler coverage?
The following are the 18 exclusions in the 24|7 Home Rescue’s landlord boiler coverage.
- Air conditioning units: 24|7 Home Rescue plans do not cover the repair of air conditioners.
- Consequential losses: 24|7 Home Rescue plans exclude damage caused by the malfunctioning systems.
- Cosmetic damage: Cosmetic damage is not eligible for repairs under 24|7 Home Rescue plans.
- Damage caused by engineer: 24|7 Home Rescue plans do not include damage caused by an engineer who tried moving or repairing equipment.
- Damage covered by insurance: 24|7 Home Rescue excludes items protected by your home insurance policy.
- Damage caused by supply of utilities: Damage that results from gas, water, and electricity supply is not covered by 24|7 Home Rescue plans.
- Damage to designer radiators: Designer radiators are not eligible for repairs under 24|7 Home Rescue policies.
- Existing faults: 24|7 Home Rescue plans exclude repairs to faults that occur before and 14 days after the service agreement is signed.
- Intentional damage: Damage stemming from deliberate acts is excluded from emergency repair coverage.
- Recurring faults: Intermittent and recurring faults are ineligible for coverage by 24|7 Home Rescue.
- Reinstatement costs: 24|7 Home Rescue does not cover costs associated with making good or reinstating home components damaged during repairs.
- Improvements: 24|7 Home Rescue coverage excludes upgrades and improvements to covered systems.
- General maintenance: General maintenance is not a covered item under 24|7 Home Rescue’s policies.
- Interference with communications or radio signals: Faults that result from interference with communications or radio signals are not included in 24|7 Home Rescue’s policies.
- Trace and access: 24|7 Home Rescue policies exclude fault-finding. Only obvious problems are eligible for repairs.
- Unauthorised work: Any work done on home systems by unauthorised third parties (including you), are not covered under 24|7 Home Rescue policies.
- Unforeseeable circumstances: 24|7 Home Rescue plans exclude damage that stems from war, insurrection, revolution, or other unforeseen events.
- Unoccupied property: Faults that develop while you’re away from your property for over 30 days are excluded from coverage.
Is 24|7 Home Rescue landlord boiler cover any good?
Yes, 24|7 Home Rescue landlord boiler cover is good for three reasons. First, 24|7 Home Rescue boast a first-time repair rate 0f 95%. Second, 24|7 Home Rescue offer unlimited claims and callouts with all their plans. You’re able to make claims under a 24|7 Home Rescue policy as often as needed. Third, you won’t be stung with hidden fees when you choose a 24|7 Home Rescue policy. The service provider ensures complete transparency about all their fees, so you needn’t worry about surprise costs.
What are the best alternatives to 24|7 Home Rescue landlord boiler cover?
The two best alternatives to 24|7 Home Rescue landlord boiler cover are WarmZilla and YourRepair. WarmZilla landlord cover comes with affordable £0 exess plans, all of which include annual boiler service and gas safety certification. YourRepair cover policies for landlords have some of the most affordable regular-price premiums and a wide assortment of coverage options.